Kinan Guide on the Go


The Kamikura shrine

Content Number:20617

The Kamikura shrine

The "Geba" stone marker served to show where visitors were to dismount from whatever transportation they were using. There is an inscription on the stone saying that it was donated in 1672 (the twelfth year of the Kambun era) by Oshirogane-Yoheimorimichi from Oshu (the present Tohoku region) in commemoration of his having made seven pilgrimages to Kumano Sanzan. The stone pillar is 1.59 m high, 43 cm wide and 17 cm thick.

Listen to Audio


Kamikura Shrine
Back to gSelect Categoryh
Back to the Home Page


{


(C) Wakayama Prefecture